Monday, September 3, 2018

Letter to 5th Grade Parents

Hello 5th Grade Parents!

My name is Katy Wilson, and I will be teaching 5th grade band this year at West Fork. As the new school year begins, I will have the opportunity to help your child try out various band instruments as we find the perfect fit for them. As we prepare for this process, I would like to make you aware of a few things.
There is no requirement to join band, but I will encourage all students to at least try out an instrument or two. They may be surprised which ones they like the best! I know some of you filled out an instrument preference survey last spring with Miss Simkins, but I will likely go through this process again, in case interests have changed over the summer, and to accommodate any new students.
Some of you may already own the instrument that your child would like to play, but you will still need to purchase certain supplies as time goes on. Others will be looking for options to purchase, rent, or borrow a high-quality instrument. I have attached information on this from Rieman Music in Mason City. This store is highly recommended and very well qualified to help you choose an excellent and cost-effective instrument for your child. They also have a simple checklist to help you make sure that you have all of the necessary supplies ready to go. Rieman's is planning to visit the school for a rental night on Thursday, September 13th. The school itself also has several instruments that may be borrowed for a minimal fee.

I realize that many of you may have more questions. I will send out additional information throughout the instrument assignment process and leading up to the rental night, but please do be in contact with me if you have any questions. My email is katy.wilson@westforkschool.org. I look forward to meeting each of you this fall!

-Katy Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment